Saturday, August 24, 2013

Noon EST: "Mixing mists to match"

Welcome back. We are here with another Stamp-a-Faire group post, mixing mists. With this technique, you'll learn how to use ink refills to create perfect coordinating mists for all of your favorite stamping ink colors.
Here I have made my own mist to match the Aqua Mist cardstock and Aqua Mist stamping ink. I wanted to create my own background by misting over a die cut. You can see it creates a very soft, dreamy background!



Here's how I made my own mist!

I used a Maya Road Mister Bottle and put in about 75 drops of Aqua Mist refill ink. (This is the ink that you refill your stamp pad with.) I mixed in about 1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol. That's it! Super easy!
Now I can mist to create a background. I die cut a piece of cardstock with the Quatrefoil Cover Plate die and placed it over white cardstock. Spray until you achieve the look you want.

Now you can leave it as is and trim it out (like I did) or you can try layering the cover plate over the top offsetting it a little for a layered look! 

But I chose to leave mine plain for today, so you could see how it looks by itself with just the misting, however. (Just another idea for you to try in the future.) I added some die cut flowers from The Sweet Life and a strip of Aqua Mist cardstock with a "thank you" stamped from Think Big Favorites #5.

Hope you'll give mixing your own mists a try! Visit Nichole's blog for more mist ideas.






Thank You card:
STAMPS: The Sweet Life, Thing Big Favorites #5
INK: Aqua Mist, Hibiscus Burst, Pure Poppy, Spring Moss, New Leaf inks
PAPER: white and Aqua Mist cardstock
DIES: The Sweet Life, Quatrefoil Die Cover Plate
OTHER: Aqua Mist refill ink, Maya Road Mister Bottle, rubbing alcohol, machine stitching.

9 comments:

BeverlyBL said...

I like it plain and like how you faded it out towards the bottom. Very pretty card.

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful! I like the project both ways-with and without the die cut cover plate.

June K said...

So pretty, Danielle.

Candida said...

Really beautiful... and I too liked how it faded at the bottom.

merryf said...

This is beautiful! So sweet and romantic, I'm definitely going to have to try this technique!

Beverly Montez said...

so pretty!
Love the soft background.

Bonnie T. said...

I love the soft, fading away look of the background. So pretty, Danielle!

Deirdre said...

Gorgeous Danielle, love both options.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely design!!