Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Well, hello sunshine!

The Papertrey Ink team is back today to show you a preview of the new stamp set and dies called Hello Sunshine! Here is the inspiration piece I chose.
And here are my projects.

I loved, loved the reds and yellows together with a hint of gray like the lemon container in the photo! So sunny and happy! First, I made this little artsy sunburst card.
I used the new with Sunrise Impression Plate to emboss the Rustic White cardstock. Then I used a teeny bit of reinker and some water to gently paint in the rays just a bit. I dabbed a paintbrush into water and then a little bit of the Harvest Gold reinker. I started off very lightly at first and then added more color as I went. You can always add more color, but can't take it away! I used Summer Sunrise closer to the center of the rays and blended the colors together with water.
The center is stamped with Soft Stone ink and then a sentiment in Pure Poppy over the top! The red patterned paper is from the new Pure Poppy Pattern Pack.
A Little Sunshine card:
STAMPS: Hello Sunshine
INK: Soft Stone, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise
PAPER: Rustic White cardstock, Pure Poppy Pattern Pack, (gray stripe) My Mind's Eye
DIES: Sunrise Impression Plate
OTHER: My Mind's Eye brad, star punch, paint brush, water.
---------------

Next, I made a very simple one layer card by stamping the rays in reds, oranges and yellows, and the center circle in Soft Stone.
Emulating a rainbow, I started with darker inks and worked my way to lighter ink colors. Very quick and simple. (Kind of reminds me of an umbrella! Another idea for the future!)
Sending You Sunshine card:
STAMPS: Hello Sunshine
INK: Soft Stone, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, True Black
PAPER: Rustic White cardstock
DIES: none
OTHER: none
---------------

Last, a card utilizing the Hello Sunshine dies (sun rays).
I cut several rays from patterned paper and love how the patterns add a cheery feel to the card!

Here is what it looked like when I adhered all of the rays to the card, then they were trimmed off to match the card base.

The rays are trimmed and ready for a sentiment in the center!

I added a saying onto the Limitless Layers 2 1/4" Oval dies and stamped a sentiment in True Black and then the little sun in the center with Harvest Gold ink.
Some Days are Better card:
STAMPS: Hello Sunshine
INK: Harvest Gold, True Black
PAPER: Rustic White cardstock, Pure Poppy Pattern Pack, Summer Sunrise Pattern Pack, LilyBee Handmade paper (white with red dot), My Mind's Eye paper (gray)
DIES: Limitless Layers 2 1/4" Oval
OTHER: pearls, twine.
---------------

The Hello Sunshine products will be available on the 15th at Papertreyink.com. Check out what the other girls have made with these fun products!

16 comments:

Jennifer K said...

Awesome projects, Danielle. I really love reds and golds together, and with a little pop of gray - well, it just takes it up a notch. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

One word...LOVE!!!!

jan metcalf said...

Very creative ideas!! Pretty color combo! Many possibilities with this sunshine collection!

Cindy O said...

Your sunny rays and patterns are so bright and cheerful in these colors! very fun to see the different effects.

Jingle said...

These are amazing! Gorgeous rays!

Annette Allen said...

WOW these are amazing....great designs...

Lani said...

Super great cards!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous sample today Danielle.

Unknown said...

Such fabulous cards!!

jintyoo7 said...

Whoooe, love all these cards and the colour combination is very striking :)

Jen said...

oh my word. i am so excited to get these new stamps!! and those dies....you guys are killing me!!!

Holly Saveur said...

LOVE LOVE IT!!

Helen L said...

Beautiful cards: great inspiration for us!! I especially love the last card and the die cuts in the different patterned papers: so bright and happy!!

Cathy Weber said...

Just LOVE that last card...so bright and happy. I am so happy it can bemade using just the dies!

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Just beautiful work!

Conniecrafter said...

such great cards and colors, especially love that last one!