Sunday, June 10, 2012

Heart-2-Heart #5.

I'm popping in to show you a little sneak peek of a new stamp set coming out on the 15th of this month called Heart-2-Heart #5! This set has some super cute triangles to make banners with and birthday sayings. This will be a $5 set -- a must have for your collection! On the first card here, I tried something unique with the banners and stamped a bunch of them onto the Heart-2-Heart #5 die, then arranged them into hexagons onto Soft Stone cardstock.
I added some smaller hexagons from the new Happy Hexagons stamp set, also coming out this month. I used Harvest Gold, Melon Berry, Canyon Clay and Soft Stone ink colors by Papertrey Ink.

Special Day card:
STAMPS: Heart-2-Heart #5, Happy Hexagons
INK: Melon Berry, Canyon Clay, Harvest Gold, Soft Stone, True Black
PAPER: Soft Stone, Rustic White, and white cardstock, patterned paper by My Mind's Eye
DIES: Happy Hexagons and Heart-2-Heart #5
OTHER: pearl by Melissa Frances.
--------------------

This next card was super quick -- I stamped the banner string with Soft Stone ink and bows with Spring Moss ink, then the colorful pennants. Last, I repeated the sentiment with Soft Stone ink in the background.
I used Hibiscus Burst, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Spring Moss and Aqua Mist inks for the pennants.
Celebrate You card:
STAMPS: Heart-2-Heart #5
INK: Hibiscus Burst, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Soft Stone, True Black
PAPER: Rustic White cardstock
DIES: none
OTHER: corner rounder.
----------------------

On the last card, I made a cut out with a new die called Limitless Layers 2.25" Square, then I placed the cut out piece over the top of the hole-- just angled it slightly for a fun look. I covered the square with white felt and then added a cute patterned paper banner over the top, securing it with brads on the sides of the card.
The inside is backed with yellow patterned paper.

Today and Every Day card:
STAMPS: Heart-2-Heart #5
INK: Aqua Mist and Soft Stone
PAPER: Soft Stone cardstock, Aqua Mist Pattern Pack, Raspberry Fizz Pattern Pack, Melon Berry Pattern Pack, Crate Paper (floral)
DIES: Heart-2-Heart #5, Limitless Layers 2.25" Square
OTHER: white felt.
-------------------

You can find these stamp sets and dies on the 15th at Papertrey Ink! Please visit Betsy, Ashley , Nichole, Melissa, Heather and Dawn today for more sneak peeks of stamp sets to come this month at PTI!



30 comments:

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Danielle,
This is a great set. I love banners but really love the idea of little banners as a complement or accent to another image. Love these cards. Very creative idea to use the square cut out on top of the square die cut are.

Marlou McAlees said...

Just adore these cards Danielle, love your work x

Unknown said...

All your cards are YUMMY!! So pretty and unique. I love the way you placed the flags and hexagons together. Love, love the popped out scalloped square with the felt!!

Suzanne Russell said...

I think we will be having fun with hexagons for quite some time-creating hexagons from the little banners is adorable! Love the combo. I am pumped to see the LL-squares! Such a cute way to introduce them-I may have many window cards in my future!

Amy Friend said...

Love your clean style!

TenSGal said...

Love all your cards....and the stamps you used!

Susan

Helen F. said...

Love the clever hexagon made out of flags on your fist card, Danielle! And, of course the banners of flags just scream celebrate "anything" to me on the next two :o)

Gabby said...

Clever use of the banners! Like the hexagon and the two banner cards! It's going to be another FUN release month at PTI! :)

F said...

Such wonderful cards...great products as always!

Sandy said...

great ideas for penants

Chris said...

I have never been into the banners but you changed my mind. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

just wonderful happy cards - makin me smile at my computer screen right now :-) who wouldnt love cards made with these stamps

jintyoo7 said...

Oh my, absolutely delightful. What a brilliant effect on the third card, just offsetting the die cut a bit :)

Cathy said...

beautiful, love the ink colors you chose!

Kathy Mc said...

Can see why you posted on The Forum how much fun you've been having, Danielle. There are SO many great new releases. You've done a fabulous job of showing us some unique ways ~ love your cards. And this is only Day 1 of the June release. Better hope I sell more of my oldies. : )

Susan Gosman said...

Love how you mixed up the stamps and dies - inspirational!

Pattie J. said...

These new dies and stamps are terrific. so many ways to to design and combine the colors. A great way to use scraps, and additions to many ideas....Love the banner and open frame behind, love the heart to heart, and hexagons for a computer persons greeting too.....thanks for sharing.

Pattie J. said...

These new dies and stamps are terrific. so many ways to to design and combine the colors. A great way to use scraps, and additions to many ideas....Love the banner and open frame behind, love the heart to heart, and hexagons for a computer persons greeting too.....thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore your style! Happy Birthday again!!

richardbreaks said...

Genius use of the banners to make another hexagon. Happy Birthday!

Pam Young said...

I can't wait every month to see what you create!! You have never disappointed me yet!! Love Love Love the way you made the hexagon out of triangles.

Connie and Jack said...

Really cute cards. I love the little banners.
-- Connie C.

Larissa Heskett said...

CUTE cards for today!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Shannon91 said...

so beautiful !!! thanks for inspiration ...
Bizz

Annette Allen said...

wow great designs...totally love your amazing creativity...

Queen Mary said...

Danielle, love the graphic nature of this new set!

Jingle said...

These are fantastic! I really love the first one! The colors are gorgeous!

Kelly C said...

Lovely cards!

Anonymous said...

What a unique way to off set your die cut. And I really like the square of felt. Great card.

Anonymous said...

that last card is so cute I actually squealed with delight. Nice job!