Thursday, June 14, 2012

Desktop File: Inspiration.

The Papertrey Ink team is back again to show you another sneak peek called Desktop File: Inspiration. These stamps and dies are meant to go with any sort of Roladex system. I bought an inexpensive one from Staples for my project. This system that Papertrey Ink designed is meant for you to gather your ideas for color combos, sketches, techniques, mini albums, layout ideas, products, etc. related to scrapbooking and card making. There are many possibilities with this!

First, I'll tell you about how I decorated it a little bit, then I will show you the inside!
On the front cover, I cut the die with Soft Stone cardstock and stamped the "design notes" lines. Then I added a Pink Paislee houndstooth tape on the left. "MY" is die cut with the Script Alphabet dies, and I stamped "inspiration" over the little My Mind's Eye tag.
I cut a few more colorful tabs from patterned paper, just to make it fun, and to divide up the sections. The brads are by My Mind's Eye. Red paper is new by Papertrey Ink called Pure Poppy Pattern Pack.

For the inside, so far I have 4 sections started:
1. Color Combos,
2. Sketches,
3. Techniques, and
4. Products.

There are more options in the stamp set, however, that you can save inspiration for: mini books, quotes, embellishments and packaging ideas. I didn't get those added to my file yet.

1. COLOR COMBOS: Here are a few samples of the Color Combos cards. I had fun on Pinterest looking for color combo ideas! I could do an entire Roladex just on color combos!
2. SKETCHES: Here are some of the sketches I have so far. There are vertical, horizontal, square and circle stamps in the set, so you can save ideas for 12x12" layouts also, circle shaped cards or layouts, 8 1/2 x 11" layouts, etc.

Notice the cute arrows and "original source" stamp, so you can remember where you found the idea.
3. TECHNIQUES: Here is a sample of the technique cards I made.

4. PRODUCTS: I really wanted to organize my Papertrey Ink patterned paper packs, so instead of rummaging through the packs to find a pattern when I need one, now I can easily flip through the Roladex. I punched a little circle from each paper in the packs. (Dearest Jane paper pack has 2 patterns.) Now I can see all of my papers at a glance.


I think it would be an amazing system for organizing ink colors and mist colors too. I might use the little rectangle stamp to put all my ink colors on one page, just to have it for a reference when I am trying to decide on a particular color and want to see them all side-by-side.

So, what do you think? Is this something you'd like to do to get your scrapbooking and card making ideas organized? Visit the rest of the team to see how they used the Desktop File: Inspiration stamps and dies.


Desktop File project:
STAMPS: Desktop File: Inspiration
INK: True Black, Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise
PAPER: Rustic White, Soft Stone cardstock, Aqua Mist Pattern Pack, (gray) My Mind's Eye
DIES: Desktop File Center, Desktop File Left, Script Alphabet Dies
OTHER: seam binding, My Mind's Eye brads and tag, Pink Paislee tape, Smash tape (black).

13 comments:

Karen said...

Your files put this set on my Wish List. I know I can't get to this until the fall, but this project is now on my list to do. Love everything about it.

Kristii said...

Danielle!! I just love your inspiration file!!! So cute, sweet and functional too!! Thanks for all your inspiration!

Bedroom Furniture said...

Good day,
Astonishing work! This is the type of information that should be shared all across the internet.

TenSGal said...

That is so much fun!!! I keep all my inspiration stuff in a accordion file....I just rip stuff out of magazines! LOL! Not pretty to look at...AT ALL!
This is wonderful!

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Adorable file Danielle! Don't know which I'll enjoy more--making files, or making the ideas I put in the files...love these kinds of problems!

Chris said...

You are so creative. Thanks for so many ideas.

Helen L said...

I especially love the "Product" idea with the samples of the patterned paper: so much easier to see what you have!! Thanks for the idea :-)

Maryleva said...

You have done a great job decorating. Love your ideas.

Melissa said...

This is just sweet as can be Danielle and so inspiring. I love the juicy colors you've used...such a perfect representation of you!
Melis

jintyoo7 said...

Truly fabulous set and makes for a stunning organized system :)

Lori Aragon said...

aaarrrrrggghhhh... now I HAVE to get the Script alphabet dies too lol! Your project is sooooo beautiful (including your handwriting!!!). Awesome awesome work!

Kimberly said...

What a CLEVER totally fun idea! Thank you for sharing girl! LOVE it! xx :)

Kelly C said...

I love this idea - and your file is adorable!