Friday, June 8, 2012

Natural Beauties.

Today I wanted to share with you a stamp set by Papertrey Ink called "Natural Beauties". Papertrey Ink is hosting an online event on July 21st called Stamp-a-Faire Summer Camp, and if you order the Stamp-a-Faire tote FULL of goodies, you'll also receive this gorgeous stamp set. Click HERE to read more about the kit and the classes!
This set is so much fun to work with. The flowers are in layers, so first you stamp a light colored layer like I did here with Sweet Blush ink for the base of the flower. I stamped once onto a scratch piece of paper to get some of the ink off of my stamp, then stamped it again onto my card. This way, I got a really nice light colored flower. Then the second step was to stamp the top layer with Pure Poppy ink. The lighter the flower, the more the top layer will contrast with it!
For the blue flowers, I did the same thing with Spring Rain ink and Aqua Mist ink(for the first layer). The second layer was done with Hawaiian Shores ink on both. The difference between the Spring Rain and Aqua Mist flowers is subtle, but you can definitely tell they are different. The Aqua Mist flowers are a bit more teal blue.
Last, I filled in the blank spots with Spring Moss leaves (on the front card). I tried Simply Chartreuse leaves on the back card, which turned out a bit darker. I think I liked the Spring Moss better. The sentiment is from this set also. I added a Filigree border die cut from Handmade paper by Lily Bee and a little strip of paper from the Handmade collection also on the left of the cards.

The little flower centers were filled in with Sweet Blush. I wanted to mention also, as you can see in the above photo, I made the front of the card shorter than the back of the card, so the Filigree border would hang off the end.
(This stamp set will also be available for free on Stamp-a-faire day, July 21st, 2012, to all customers who make a qualifying purchase of $100 or more between 7am EST and 11:30pm EST, limit one per customer.)
Have a good day!




So Many of my Smiles card set:
STAMPS: Natural Beauties
INK: Sweet Blush, Pure Poppy, Spring Rain, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, True Black
PAPER: Handmade by Lily Bee, white cardstock
DIES: Doily Details
OTHER: machine stitching.

16 comments:

June K said...

Such gorgeous background building. Love your color selections, too. I'm looking forward to getting this set in July.

Marlou McAlees said...

beautiful :) ♥♥

Winnie said...

Such a beauty! Love how you made the background. The images are so pretty and the sentiment is touching.

Cathy said...

Oh my, that border die is gorgeous! Stunning cards!

Susan said...

HOLY COW!!! That's gorgeous!!!

Leigh Penner said...

These are beautiful, Danielle!

Tamika said...

Those are beautiful cards. You know sometimes I get stuck because I always think a card has to have a platform to put the sentiment on. I think the stamping on the pattern this way is simply beautiful!

- elbeth - said...

I'm speachless! This is such a perfect card! I love your colour choices and how you made the set look like fabric... Wow! Thank you for the eye candy!

Lorie said...

Danielle, this is stunningly beautiful! I mean, wow! Thank you for sharing!

Kelly S. said...

Oh WOW, Danielle! This patterned paper you created would sell like hotcakes! Can hardly believe it's stamped! Beautiful!! What a fun set!

Colleen said...

Stunning! thank you for the inspiration!

Ann said...

When I saw these I thought what a lovely cover they would make for a small photo album gift - laminated to protect it.

Jill Norwood said...

Danielle - Just saw this pinned by Dawn on Pinterest and had to pop over and tell you how gorgeous these cards are!!! What a fun flower to create - love the different tones you can get! Love how you used the filigree border to edge the card!

Kristii said...

Love, love, love what you did with this set!!!! You are such an enabler!! Thanks for always inspiring!!

BethW said...

Oh wow-those flowers are beautiful!I have to check the kit and camp out!

jan metcalf said...

Beautiful cards, definitely a stamp set for my wish list!