Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Make It Market kit: You're a Masterpiece...

Papertrey Ink has another brand new card kit coming out on January 5th, and this one is so much fun! (As they all are!) HA! You're a Masterpiece was put together by Betsy Veldman. This collection of products can be used in such a large variety of ways! Whether you make small works of art as a gift to be displayed on a handmade easel, or  send along all the bits and pieces for the recipient to put together their own masterpiece, you will love all the possibilities!
I made a few cards with the kit to share some sneak peeks with you of what's inside.

First up is a birthday card. I used the paintbrush stamp in the new You're a Masterpiece stamp set with all different colors of stamping ink onto watercolor paper. I stamped the paintbrush "tips" different colors and then used the matching inks with water to draw a paint line for each. A sentiment from the set finishes off the front of the card after the inks were dry.
Here's the inside, it says, "or at least this little canvas".

The kit comes with mini canvases, which I left in the wrapper and tied it up with a piece of twine, then used one die from the kit to die cut the holes to attach the mini paintbrush! Mini paintbrushes are included in the kit!
To paint the lines with matching ink colors, I dabbed each ink color onto a stamping block and used a paintbrush to paint the lines onto the inside of my card. When dry, I stamped the black portion of the sentiment over the top.

Since the card is pretty thick with the mini canvas inside, I tucked it into one of the bags from the kit to give to the recipient.
On the Masterpiece card below, I used the new easel die in the kit with gray cardstock from my stash.
I stamped the background frame in black and also stamped the butterfly onto the watercolor mini papers in the kit. I used some water to blend the butterfly. The background is stamped with more butterflies in the kit with New Leaf ink and Harvest Gold inks. The front panel is popped up with dimensional adhesive.
Last, a quick one made with the heart stamps!

I used Tropical Teal, Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise and New Leaf inks, stamped the hearts, then used water and a paintbrush to blend the hearts and make them look painted.
After it was dry, I added the black stamped sentiment to the front from the stamp set and an enamel dot from the kit.
YOU'RE A MASTERPIECE KIT CONTENTS:

-You're a Masterpiece stamp set 

-You're a Masterpiece die collection 

-You're a Masterpiece Easel die collection

-You're a Masterpiece paper collection (eight 8-1/2" x 11" sheets)

-12 Watercolor paper 2x2 squares 

-12 mini paintbrushes

-3 mini canvases (2x2)

-Rainbow Enamel Dots

The total retail cost of the "You're a Masterpiece" Kit is $75.  There will be a limited number of these exclusive kits available, so be sure to get yours on Monday! The "You're a Masterpiece" Kit will be available for sale beginning on January 5th at 10pm EST, only at Papertrey Ink. Read all the details on Nichole's blog or contact Customer Service with any questions.
I'll be back tomorrow with more new projects!
Danielle

13 comments:

Jennifer K said...

What great projects! I love the top card with the "dripping" paint and how you tucked the canvas inside for the recipient. I just know my artist sister would love something like that.

Wida said...

that's a clever idea! you showcased it beautifully

Rubeena I. said...

I'm in love with this set <3

Rubeena I. said...

I'm in love with this!

Holly Saveur said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE what you made..so gorgeous!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love what you made with the kit, Danielle! Fabulous cards! I love how you used the easel right on the card!

Julia Aston said...

Great samples from this fun new kit!

Diana K said...

Love each of these projects, Danielle. Gorgeous!

Sandy M said...

I love this kit. Your cards are great, especially the all over heart card

Becky H. said...

What a Great Birthday Card . The Kit has soooo many to go for ideas.

Anonymous said...

Love your project. Great kit.

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous, Danielle - this kit is just beautiful :-)

Teresa said...

This is such a cute kit.... love all those paintbrushes and the colors are so pretty that you used.